View Single Post
      01-19-2020, 10:26 AM   #69
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
Hmm...that settles the curiosity I had w.r.t coding ECE KAFAS4 and BDC_BODY2 to ECE. If you coded KAFAS4, BDC_BODY2 and both FLMs to ECE spec, then I cannot see why the proper shadow boxing for NGHB wouldn't work. Doing the above basically mimics an ECE car. Either, 1.) physical HW is missing b/t ECE and US headlights to create the proper shadow boxing or 2.) there may be other modules that need to be coded?

I did find this YouTube video where someone coded HU_NBT2 along with KAFAS4 and BDC_BODY2. Wonder if HU_NBT2 requires coding to ECE too?
I definitely recommend not doing that!!! When I did it with my X3, I ended up having to pay to get navigation and such working again because changing the headunit to ECE messed up my FSC files and caused several other issues. That and the ACSM are the two I did not code to ECE, but the rest of the car didn’t have any issues.

In that video, they are doing the removal of 5AP, but aren’t changing the country code. The change that makes in the headunit is that the owners manual and animated video will show the NGHB video/info, instead of the basic on/off functionality. Although, I notice they didn’t code the FLM modules...

I believe like you said that there is very likely a hardware difference. Almarettos coding with the changes he makes might overcome some of those differences that simple VO coding doesn’t correct, but without an actual comparison, there’s no way to know for sure. There’s always the option of getting a pair of used euro lights, which can be had for around $1800, but if I was going to spend that much, I’d wait for a pair of the euro M550i laserlights that we don’t get in the US
Appreciate 0