Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativ101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Installed CarPlay via a usb. A couple weeks back, the car went in and the dealer had to do a software update. The update failed because it had issues with "coding / CarPlay". Is there any way to remove CarPlay and restore the unit back to factory so the dealer can do the update?
I would call BMW assist since it is now free on select vehicles to see if yours qualifies. Once they add it to your vehicle's profile with an FSC code I would imagine they would be able to do the update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Installed CarPlay via a usb. A couple weeks back, the car went in and the dealer had to do a software update. The update failed because it had issues with "coding / CarPlay". Is there any way to remove CarPlay and restore the unit back to factory so the dealer can do the update?
I would call BMW assist since it is now free on select vehicles to see if yours qualifies. Once they add it to your vehicle's profile with an FSC code I would imagine they would be able to do the update.
Mine doesn't qualify.

If I bought CarPlay from bmw, would the dealer still be able to see that I previously CarPlay via a usb?
I honestly don't know, because I don't know how it's installed using the USB stick. I would imagine that if you purchased it from BMW that your car would be coded correctly. Not sure.

With that being said, CarPlay cannot be installed over USB on the newer firmware versions.
Appreciate 0