05-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #148
HerbBE
Rep
Drives: F11 - 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
Hi.

Here is quick update of my story...

The credit company wrote me again when will I have the car(I had to do all paperworks twice because there is limited period of validity -salary etc).
So I asked the dealer when it is going to be because I need to know it for credit company.
Is it normal that dealer really DOESNT know ? Because car should be ready this month..(or mb early June). If he doesnt give me the info I will have to do paperworks for the 3rd time..

I am starting to be really pis**d off but they are still so calm..
Hi, maybe the below remark is what causes the problem although seems you are living in the country where you order it. I was not and ordered my F10 left hand drive in a right hand drive country. Always exciting when you need to pick it up. )
I asked BMW diplomatic sales about delivery when i now order a new G30. In the beginning i also got some answers like "in a few months" but now they explained me the real issue.

"The process of ordering the car is slightly more complicated for us. As the UK is not a LHD market the factory system which the other UK dealers use does not accept LHD orders. This means that in instances where we are ordering a LHD model for the first time a new model code must be opened on the system in Germany to allow us to order that specific car in a LHD variant for our market. This can take up to a month to complete, and as it is carried out in Germany there is nothing I can do to speed the process up.

Once the model code is open we must put the order into the factory system and once again as the UK is not a LHD market we do not have factory allocation for LHD production. So we must apply to Germany again to give us extra quota to fill our LHD orders on top of the RHD quota which is allocated at the start of the year.

This is why our delivery times are longer than your local dealer as a lot of the processes that need to be completed especially when it’s a new model like the new 5 Series are carried out in Munich. We are currently quoting delivery in August for the new 5 Series."
Appreciate 0