03-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Came across this today on a different site. I'm just copying and pasting here because I think they look cool and I don't feel like taking the time to rewrite it myself.

I do think the watches are going to be quite reliable as they have Miyota (Citizen) movements inside. It also seems like a pretty good value as the watches come with three straps: black, tan and black NATO-style.

Reposted content follows.

All the best.

My name is Elshan and I’m proud to announce the launch of my new microbrand, Zelos!

Quick links:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...omatic-watches

www.facebook.com/zeloswatches
Instagram

If anyone might be wondering, Zelos meaning zeal in Greek which expresses my passion for watches just like you guys. Hence I decided to take the scary plunge to join the slightly crowded ranks of microbrands out there.

The debut model is the Helmsman, named for its nautical links with its bronze case and ship deck inspired dial.

I’m sure the specs are crucial in deciding on the purchase, so I’ll just cut the marketing speak and go straight to it

43mm Diameter, 14.2mm height, 52mm Lug to lug
Case in Bronze CuSn8 or Stainless steel 316L
Sandblasted, brushed and polished
Miyota 9015
Sapphire crystal front and back
100m WR
Internal divers bezel
DLC coated bezel (on certain models)
Engraved logo on crown, buckle and rotor
Multi Level Dial
C3 Superluminova
1 Year international warranty

Individually numbered 1-50 for each variant

THREE straps included, plus leather watch roll
-Brown Vintage 4mm thick
-Black 4mm thick
-Black Nato
**PVD rotor if Kickstarter target is met

Prices start at around $420CAD or 380USD for the steel models which are a discount off retail. This price is only for our early supporters as our way of saying thanks!

What you will receive

BRONZE Left to Right: Black, Brown, Grey, Green

STEEL Left to Right: Black, Brown, Grey, Green

BRONZE with DLC Bezel : Black, Brown

Each watch arrives in this leather roll and with THREE straps.
Strap stitching will be reduced in thickness, more photos to come!

How to order
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...omatic-watches

Head over to the link above to visit our Kickstarter page. Once pledged, visit our website to reserve your preferred dial color and serial number at Zelos Watches – Welcome

If you might be particular about the number, you could reserve it before pledging to avoid disappointment. Do note that it will only be held for a day before it becomes available again if no pledge is made.
I will be updating the Kickstarter campaign if any of the colors are sold out!

Full production will finish by late April so expect it to reach by early May!

Giveaway
As a way to give back to F71, I will be offering one Helmsman completely FREE to a lucky member.

All you need to do is reply to this thread mentioning your favourite case/dial combination and you could win it!

Drawing and announcement of winner will be done on the 22nd of March so do get your entries in before that! Multiple entries will not be accepted If the preferred combination is out of stock, the winner will have the option of any other available variant.

If you have pledged already, no worries! I will contact you to have your money refunded while having the exact number you want.

FAQ
Q: Why are the crowns and caseback made in steel not bronze to match?
A: When in contact with the skin, bronze may leave green traces of non-toxic oxide on the wearer which could be unsightly, hence the steel caseback. Also, with the fine tolerances required for a screw down crown, having patina or oxide buildup within the threads might affect its operation.

Q: What happens to our money if the Kickstarter campaign doesn’t reach funding?
A: We are confident in you guys not to let this happen But in the worst case scenario, all funds will be returned to our backers.

Q: What plans are in store for Zelos?
A: Another model is already lined up with the design complete and in the process of prototyping. Expect to hear about it soon and I can promise it will be something totally unique!
Most of your posts are about watches... Are you on watches forum too?
Appreciate 0