03-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspdr View Post
Most of your posts are about watches... Are you on watches forum too?
Well, most of my posts are about watches because I bought my E92 new and here seven years later, I don't really have anything new to add to the discussion of that model of BMW. Pretty much everything that needs to be said has been said.

Since it appears BMW folks have a passing interest in watches I like to discuss them here with folks who are generally more open minded than are the folks on some of the watch forums. One or two of the watch sites have memberships comprised of genuinely knowledgeable folks. That's where I post specific questions/look for answers about watches.

The largest one is loaded with folks who rather than being are more consumerists and who have guzzled "the kool-aid" than they are objective collectors who understand the multiple dimensions/factors affecting the watch industry and the hobby of collecting. I participate there because it's entertaining. There are some sensible folks there too, but not nearly as many as elsewhere.

As a result, the discussion here is actually more interesting in that folks here are (as a group) more thoughtful and less biased than are the folks on that other site. I know that's not how it's supposed to work, but that's what the content one sees suggests. Of course, there are "dogma zealots" here too, but even they seem far more well grounded than the ones on that watch forum. We have the same sort of members here too. Perhaps this will help explain what I mean.
  • "Dogma Zealot" = BMW Fan Boy who thinks BMW make the best car in the world and will never waver from that opinion, despite there being objective evidence that there are cars that are better than BMW in many ways.
  • Enthusiast/Collector = BMW Fan who sees BMW as an excellent car, but recognizes and accepts that there are pros and cons associated with them and is keen to give other cars the appropriate credit, regardless of price, brand name and/or other intangible factors.
All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0