Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellzAzn View Post
Long story short, I have a spoiler lifting issue that has been repaired twice and after this third repair will no longer be covered under warranty. I would like to understand why this is for a vehicle less than 2yrs old and a new product line for BMW.

Purchased 2018 BMW M550i in late July 2017.

Spoiler lifting Oct 2017 - repaired by dealership, bad repair
Spoiler repaired Nov 2017 at the dealership's sister business body shop
Spoiler lifting again Mar 2019 - put claim in
April 12, 2019 will no longer be covered under warranty after this claim.
Haven't heard from the dealership or body shop since April 17 informing them of this being unacceptable.

Tried reaching out to BMW Canada Customer Service twice. Was told to deal with the dealership. Currently have no other avenues of resolution. Why BMW does not stand behind their product? I have no confidence in the dealership or repair shop and BMW for that matter at this point.

Has anyone had similar issues with warranty claim? Basically both BMW and my dealership is claiming due to no documented cases of spoiler lifting they won't cover it under warranty after this third fix. Seriously? What's the point of 80K km/4 yr bumper to bumper warranty? If anyone has a direct number for BMW warranty I'd greatly appreciate it.
Warranty is for 4 years. Why are they saying it is no longer covered? If it was dealer installed they should stand behind their initial install and stand behind their repairs. If it was factory or port intsalled, BMW should stand behind it for the term of the warranty. Not worth an attorney for a spoiler and not a lemon issue but still not right. Find the number for BMWNA and call and ask for the President. See what happens. Worth trying.
The president?

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0