View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 10:56 AM   #12
CosmicCharlie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 comp, '24 X7 m60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
The section of shoulder where delamination hasn't taken place, is indicating tires have been run with low pressures for a good few miles. The type of failure is not peculiar to the Goodyear RFTs.
I'm always careful to keep pressure in line with iDrive recommendations, inflated cold. In prior threads I found discussing this issue, BMW owners have said that both Goodyear and BMW have absolved themselves from any responsibility, but the general consensus seemed that this kind of wear has to do with "suspension settings". I find that a bit odd, as properly adjusted suspension, alignment, and tire pressure should prevent this kind of wear.

It was kind of nuts- I had been driving a lot during the day then parked at my office for a few hrs. When I was leaving for home I had the low pressure warning, so went to inspect and couldn't see anything wrong anywhere on the tire. I drove carefully to add air at a gas station a few hundred feet down the road, which I'm sure chaffed up the tire. Then, I inflated to spec, and it seemed to be holding air (I thought maybe someone had just let air out of my tire or something?!) but on the way home (about 15 miles) it lost about 3psi, so I knew it was leaking. I didn't check that inside edge until I got home.
Appreciate 0