01-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #105
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Have you been to the vineyard? I see you’re from the Bay Area. We visited back in around ‘08 or ‘09 and they have a fun story. The owner decided he wanted an authentic European castle on the property so he had a real 13th century Tuscan castle (or different pieces of them) shipped from Europe to CA brick by brick. It has towers, rampart, a moat, even dungeons and a torture chamber. Pretty crazy.

Unfortunately at the time i thought their story was better than their wines. Hopefully this means that they’ve improved greatly. I do remember that the merlot was probably their best work, though.
Been there many times. They’re a popular place so anytime someone comes visit I’ll take them there. It’s a cool place and I agree that their wines are just okay. Fantasia (the red bubbly wine) is a hit. The merlot was surprisingly good so I bought a bottle. They’re sisters to V. Sattui winery down the road with similar wines. Went there last May and really liked their Zin so got a bottle of that. A lot of the wineries have okay wines but every now and then they’ll have something that’ll surprise you. Napa has gotten expensive for wine tasting over the years.
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410877.50
Darth One6612.50