View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #35
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
actually it isn't dumb, IF you have the ability, to install, maintain a water tank heater, more power to you. HD's cheapest (net) with a 6 year limited w'tee is $529, that has to be installed, the gas part (not sure in the US) joe schmo just can't hook one up.

Water tank part, anode, dip tube, drain/flush, sure that easy, but again not sure about US, we can't touch or maintain or fix the gas part.

I re-checked, wife bought house in 2003, so had the heater for 15 years, and I re-checked the math, including taxes $6300 over 15 years. So it only failed catastrophically after 15 years, and only a few minors repairs, which is pretty good.

Anyones car from new lasted 15 years?

It's basically an insurance policy, right, we pay insurance on the car, sometimes a w'tee insurance, if nothing goes wrong, you've lost x amount of dollars, your engine blows, you've made money.

Now what some people do when buying houses here, go for the rental and when it's up they buy there own one and you know that's great.

What I don;t wanna have to do in the MIDDLE of winter, try and find somone to fix replace a bust heater, this is Canada eh,

Dumb no, but plenty of people do dumb sh*t so I guess it's relative
Just checked my receipt from the water heater I bought 10 years and 3 months ago. 50 gallon beast with a 12 year warranty that has never failed me, serves up more than enough hot water, and cost me $880 with tax and installed. So while you’ve paid $35/month on average, I’ve paid $7/month and decreasing every month it keeps working.

You’re paying 5 TIMES what I paid. Even if you doubled my $7/month since you live in America’s hat, you’re still paying 2.5X more. Totally, totally, totally insane.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00