05-22-2018, 08:26 AM   #165
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by M60WEB View Post
My 530d SE in Atlas Cedar, cognac Interior.
A little unexciting compared to some higher spec M sports and the gorgeous M550's throughout the US.... I wish...!
I went for an SE this time round, I would have preferred an M sport but Spec limitations are a a little annoying when you start adding certain options like Ventilated seats. However, the 3k saving on SE paid for some other bits including VDC, HUD, Adaptive cruise, which is fantastic.
I was a bit uninspired by the M sport colours also, albeit Individual Silver and Champagne quartz look great but couldn't get my head round the extra cash for a paint choice.
I'm a fan of great looking alloys but they're a massive liability on U.K. Roads, so sticking with the SE gave me some sensible 18's...!
Already advised elsewhere in these forums, swapped my Primacy 3 runflats for Michelin cross climates, a result of which this car is unbelievably quiet now, without any loss in grip and steering feel. (It's better).

Very quick with plenty of torque, (albeit not quite as much raw grunt as my old 535d LCI).

Considered x drive right to the wire. Don't really need it, and this car is unbelievable on fuel for a 3L comfort barge. Getting 44 mpg average now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M60WEB View Post
My 530d SE in Atlas Cedar, cognac Interior.
A little unexciting compared to some higher spec M sports and the gorgeous M550's throughout the US.... I wish...!
I went for an SE this time round, I would have preferred an M sport but Spec limitations are a a little annoying when you start adding certain options like Ventilated seats. However, the 3k saving on SE paid for some other bits including VDC, HUD, Adaptive cruise, which is fantastic.
I was a bit uninspired by the M sport colours also, albeit Individual Silver and Champagne quartz look great but couldn't get my head round the extra cash for a paint choice.
I'm a fan of great looking alloys but they're a massive liability on U.K. Roads, so sticking with the SE gave me some sensible 18's...!
Already advised elsewhere in these forums, swapped my Primacy 3 runflats for Michelin cross climates, a result of which this car is unbelievably quiet now, without any loss in grip and steering feel. (It's better).

Very quick with plenty of torque, (albeit not quite as much raw grunt as my old 535d LCI).

Considered x drive right to the wire. Don't really need it, and this car is unbelievable on fuel for a 3L comfort barge. Getting 44 mpg average now.
Great looking car with some stealth to it. You seem to be quite rational in you car choice which is commendable