View Single Post
      11-10-2023, 12:53 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Agree, I think the g30 particularly in its LCI flavour and with eithe r the b58 or n63tu3 are one of BMWs best

Generally speaking I think it’s fair to say that the model that replaces a current model is one to aspire to but for me , it’s not the case today

I got my m550 as I had seen and read a about the rumours of what the g60 would be and I am so glad I got the g30
It is classic bmw with a nod to the future although the future doesn’t make sense to me

I’m now of the mindset that I don’t like any bmw with idrive 8 or later, I feel that bmw have moved away from good ergonomics to gimmicky technology (some of which crept in on the g30) and seem to be on a cost cutting excercise now and Using cheaper materials and keeping spec to a minimum

If you ignore styling of the g60 which is subjective, the use of touch controls for just about everything , which I don’t think is great. You have to look away from the road to use them and finger prints get left everywhere cheaper looking materials . Many reviews haven’t picked up on that in videos but when you sit in one , it’s apparent at least to me and some reviews here are starting to comment on it

If you ignore the electric i5 which is a different animal altogether, does the g60 actually improve upon the g30? I mean what does it do better?
I struggle to come up with anything other than potentially some enhancements to the autonomous driving

I personally think it’s a backward step and quite a bit more expensive at the same time

The g30 I think got it right, the only technology I would criticise is gesture control which I think is a gimmick, mkickily it can be turned off and the 4 zone climate control which is touch screen, I preferred the buttons on the pre LCI more

It saddens me that I don’t have a new bmw model to look forward to at this point in time, not a fan of where they are going. I don’t like the design which yes is subjective and I know other do like , fair enough, it there is no excuse for bad ergonomics and use of gimmicky gadgets.

Rant over!

I will continue to enjoy the best car I’ve owned (with the exception of a e39 530i msport in the past), the g30 LCI M550
Appreciate 7
MRDILLONS139.50
NGT25757.00
E3_55072.00
G30 B581556.50
FerasMF28.50