02-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #30
X5M Badass
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by druu View Post
I'm not sure what kind of information you're getting here. The 6D and 5D3 are very very similar in IQ range. The 5d3 is also better in low natural light than the d800 is, due to the lower mp count. The D800e outresolves the canons for fine detail, but does not perform better in low light.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Ca...00_noise.shtml

If video is what you want here, a D800 > D800e (no AA filter on the e model means significant aliasing and moire). The same is also true for video, the d800 outresolves the 5d3 but the 5d3 is better when light is lacking (the differences are close, but the 5d3 slightly edges it out especially in post, see philip bloom's video compare)

Their prices are comparable, but it is rare that you will buy a lens that is double in cost to a 3k camera body outside of high end telephoto primes.

In any case the OP's original question was 6D or 5D3 for the money, which indicates an investment in canon glass and a conflict whether to buy a 6D or 5D3 which means those 3-12k lenses are probably out of the question as is switching to Nikon.
Sorry to break it to you my friend. But the D800e is better than the D800 and better than the MK3.

Stop living in denial and truth be told that d800e is the mighty of all cameras of this century

TO OP: To see the difference you have to go check the camera in person and take some shots of your own.

I personally have a d800e, and before I purchased it I went to a camera rental shop where they let me try out both the mk3 and d800e free of charge and used them with different types of lenses.

and for op stating if they should get the mk3 or the 6d, I posted in some feedback from what I already have, if op is considering the mk3 then I don't see why he shouldn't have a 3rd option which is the d800e/d800 what ever.

Yes the mk3 is good in low light but its also noisy and the d800e aint that bad in lowlight, if there's a certain discoloration in a picture then you can fix it by software.

Its as simple and as easy as that don't get ripped off by the mk3's lowlight abilities, everything can be enhanced with photoshop

Last edited by X5M Badass; 02-24-2014 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0