GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I posted an eagle in flight shot earlier in the thread, using an EF 2.0x TC-III on a 500mm lens. The 6D couldn't take that shot, since it's AF would come to a total halt
I dunno, I'm just a noob, but I take a lot of pictures of sea gulls and airplanes as my deck overlooks the approach to SJC, and points straight south into silicon valley ... using an ef 300mm lens with "2" lens stabilization (panning) I get some pretty damn awesome shots during super fast pan - you can almost see the pilots faces (600mm would show their haircuts!). Seagulls coming cruising straight up past my deck and I can catch them in perfect focus as they fly by with no blur. I also caught a hawk in the Santa Cruz mountains right after he popped up through the trees - I just happened to be panning for a shot, saw it and snapped it. Also I got a motorcycle going past at ~80 mph coming from behind me.

Again, I"m a noob, but given my experiences with 1/2 second opps for a shot and getting every one in perfect focus, I haven't found the event yet where I lose a shot.
Appreciate 0