Dobie Dog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F97 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams_123 View Post
I vote @panchoa or @Dobie Dog do the res delete and post vids up here 😁😁😁
I finally found time to attempt to have a resonator delete done today but I backed out after seeing the underneath my car and talking with the owner of an exhaust shop. By no means am I an exhaust expert so I just relied on common sense and the advice of a business owner I have trusted for exhaust work in the past. The stock pipe going into and out of the resonator is 3.5 inches and oval shaped with hard bend inward after the resonator. To be able to accommodate the oval shape and hard bend in the pipe the replacement piece of pipe must be 3 inches and then built up to the stock oval pipe at 3.5 inches. You can see the step-down process I am trying to explain in the pictures below I took from previous posts of other forum members. Yes, I wanted to achieve at louder sound, which this delete will do, but I don’t want to restrict the exhaust flow down to the 3 inch pipe replacement. Again, I am not an exhaust expert, but when the exhaust shop owner says “I will do it for you if you want me to, but I wouldn’t do it to my car” I take notice. Also keep in mind this is a $60 modification not a $xxxx exhaust fabrication. Take it for what it’s worth.
Attached Images