View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 04:59 PM   #91
cca101
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
More non-facts. In your state, state traffic enforcement costs more than the revenue from fines. And a large portion of fines does not go to "the state". Old and tired attempt to justify speeding.

Do you really want to be on a freeway where most of the morons can lawfully drive 90, but decide to drive 100 instead?
Well I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, but when you see a speed trap with 2 motorcycle police, capable of issuing an average $200 fine every 5min, and keeping it up for say 4 hours, that's 10k of revenue for that one speed trap. Not sure the salary of those two police officers come close to 10k/4hours but if it does I must sign up for the academy now. Even with the atrocious maintenance on those Harley Davidson pieces of s***, I think they come out on top no? Please explain

Now DUI checks, please have at it, they should probably change most of the speed traps to DUI check points...

And yes, I would really want a freeway where I can drive 100. I would really want people here to take driving seriously and the driving test to be an actual test...Once upon a time I drove 3,000miles on the old German Autobahn, where I would keep it pinned at 155mph for 30min at times, and averaging 110mph on 200 miles trips, and here I am, alive, not even a close call. So yes it's quite possible.
Appreciate 0