05-31-2022, 12:54 PM   #20
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
I used Autoglym Leather Cleaner and occasionally their Leather Care Balm on my previous BMW, a San Marino Blue M6 GC with Silverstone II leather - ok, perhaps not exactly white, but so light that you could tell when blue jeans were worn… Microfibre cloth is ok for cleaning with the product, but you need a leather care brush (horse or boar hair) to agitate the dye off. The ventilation perforation is not a problem, at the end of the day they are just hols that let the air through from the fan. Even if you don't remove all when wet, after the cleaner dries off nothing left in the holes.

The M6 was in Australia, now I'm stepping into a 2019 540i here in Spain. I'm going to miss the power, but M car prices here are astronomical, so couldn't justify paying €40k more for similarly optioned M5 - someone had clearly not known you don't need to tick EVERY box on the order sheet… €76k base car with €60k worth options - and yes, it has ventilated seats, but not Silverstone, this time Aragon Brown, perhaps a little less seat cleaning in the future.
Appreciate 0