View Single Post
      11-15-2019, 02:08 AM   #29
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Digital key is not supported on 2020 G30.
Despite what it says in the printed manual, the Drivers Guide & Connected Drive, the 2020 G30 does not, will not have, Remote Software Update and the iDrive 7 is not the full version other cars have. Some commands seen to work on other cars on YouTube get “this command is not possible in this vehicle”. Therefore the command is recognised but unavailable.
My car is going in for a complete software re-install as it is so unstable - it deletes things like home address, loses Spotify, loses my profile, Intelligent Voice Assistant is variable (commands working previously won’t work other times), Remote 3D view unavailable.
One of the reasons I switched from Mercedes was because the 2020 G30 was sold as having much more advanced ‘tech’ than the E Class. Doesn’t seem totally true. The capability of MercedesMe is streets ahead of my Connected Drive e.g. geofencing, remote opening/closing windows & Sunroof, trip info that works, petrol prices, theft / parking damage notification, etc.
I really like the 530e but just wish that BMW would just deliver what it said it would in terms of iDrive 7. Rant over
Appreciate 0