View Single Post
      08-22-2020, 06:46 AM   #96
brimur
Rep
Drives: F30 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
My car is booked in for the July software install. The Genius told me he was going to try to lodge the install as a warranty issue due to the problems I have had with ID7 Lite since delivery. He told me I had to be prepared to pay as BMW never install software updates under warranty (except maps of course) unless it is a recall.

I have had 6 new Merc’s and every time the cars were serviced they had the software updated yet BMW never do except to rectify recalls - If they charge then I’ll fight BMW as when I bought the car the brochure and Drivers Guide confirmed that as it had ID7 then software would be regularly updated remotely. We all know that was untrue but I am sure it will win the argument.

Has anyone in the UK been charged for the July update ?
You shouldnt have to pay anything. BMW Customer Service booked my car in for the update next week and they confirmed it is covered under warranty. I assume because the ID7 Lite cannot be updated any other way since it doesnt have the OTA functionality the full ID7 has so they have to cover the update cost for the "limited" ID7 Lite versions. This was after I pushed for the update when the Connected Drive UK team told me the MY2020 5 series would not get Android Auto even with the July update because it wasnt capable.
Appreciate 0