09-15-2017, 06:01 AM   #33
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: RS 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I've said this before on other anniversaries of 9/11. This trend was already happening where not much attention is being paid on what happened on this day. Just go to Ground Zero on any given day. The way people carry on laughing/taking selfies is appalling on what amounts to a grave site for over 2000 people who have died.
And what further? This was an event of the present days and most people surely remind the horrible scenes as the planes crashed into the towers and they collapsed later and burried an enormous amount of people.
I think the thoughts of making a "real" anniversery day of it are dont meet the more modern way of remembering.
For the real patriots of course this was an attack direct into their heart but is this then also necessarily to be the opinion of the rest of your citizens?
Go from today 10 years further and ask the children what happened 9/11.
For me a correct answer would meet my expectation as my son/daughter would say "Some idiots had attacked the US and a lot of good people had to die".
Thats enough, no annual celebrations necessary. But this is of course the maybe too small sight of a foreigner.

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about