View Single Post
      03-14-2024, 05:05 PM   #7
tjbuggy2b
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

Since the last picture, I've installed my used M Sport brakes, trunk and roof spoilers, purchased my downpipe, attempted to install my MSS springs, and installed my wheels,

Apologies. I don't have any pics of the car with the wheels, brakes, and spoilers, yet. Weather hasn't been super cooperative with my schedule. Also, my car is filthy because I'm trying not to exacerbate some paint peel that is starting on the roof's leading edge until I can figure what I'm going to do about that. I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

The springs are a long story that I won't get into here but If you are interested, this is my thread on the issue. Not all of the details are in it, but you can get an idea of what's up. I still may have an out with that ordeal, though. I'm working with ECS Tuning to try to get diameter measurements on Bilstein B8 struts, which (per an email response from Bilstein) are meant to go with 30mm lowering springs. Additionally, there is a chance that I didn't realize something about problem area of the OEM struts. That's in that thread., too. EDIT: HUGE SLICE OF "I'M AND IDIOT" PIE.

I also installed my new wheels, yesterday. I was trying to wait until I got the car lowered but... you know, that whole thing about the springs. Since, I may have to go with KW coilovers, instead, I decided to go ahead and mount the wheels to get a look at how much lower I can go than the MSS springs. The MSS springs are 0-1.2", and the KW's are 1.2-2.2". I wasn't sure if starting at 1.2" would work with my wheel specs, since I went a little on the aggressive side. Looks like it should be fine, though.

Anyway, Moving on. Because I wanted to go with a 400 cell cat, and under recommendation from Extreme Powerhouse for higher quality and no CEL, I went with the Active Autowerke DP. I'm ok with losing a couple horsepower in the interest of a less smelly and (maybe) longer life cat. I'm not going for HP records, here. Besides, if anything, I *may* gain horsepower with the AA cat over some others, as they are claiming 53 and 94 HP increase with stage 1 and stage 2 tunes, respectively. Typically, these kinds of claims aren't backed by any public evidence, though. So, who knows. Not much of a chance I get it dynoed. I just never really worry about what numbers I get. So, I'll probably never know if it gets more power.

Last edited by tjbuggy2b; 04-26-2024 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0