View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #154
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfindigital View Post
Looks pretty close to the concept to me. I'm not being contrarian, I'm honestly surprised by people's response to this car. This is about as close to a concept car that a production car can come. If it looked like this it would be over priced and people would complain about the price.
I don't think you're wrong at all. It is similar to the concept.

Some of my favourite design elements of the concept were left out though. The bulging GT style fenders swooping in on the headlights were muddied and shrunken. The F1 style nose was turned into a grille. That huge awesome front splitter is only there in spirit. The large functional air dams and aero in the body were reduced in size too much. And while it's a minor things I hate the new side mirrors all the manufacturers seem to be using. I get that the concept mirrors weren't realistic, but a smaller mirror not unlike the e36m3 mirror would have looked nice.

There are other issues I have with it. But those were my main takaways. Makes me wonder what the feedback they got on the design and body aero was and why they changed it.

I still think it's a nice looking car! Will look mean in black.