View Single Post
      10-05-2020, 07:49 AM   #135
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Its been a few weeks and with the new born twins, I haven't worked on the car a ton. My dad has been fairly busy though. The trunk was filthy, panels were off/loose, and the tool kit was trashed. My dad and I found a tool kit on the E9 forum and purchased it. He also did some cleaning and dye work on the panels.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

He also purchased some tools and cleaned them. We almost have all of them, just looking for the big screw driver at a reasonable price. they are bringing over $100 for clean ones.

He also got started on the A/C install.

Since I had already sanded the drivers side, he went ahead and installed the mirror and trim.

Last week while I was off work, we took the babies over to visit Grandma and Grandpa, so I headed out to the shop and got some work done. I finished sanding and compounding the rest of the car.

Down to the 1" pads.

And finally the car is fully wet sanded, well except for the hood. I will do the hood once we get it on the car.

For now, my dad is going to handle most of the work. He will get the trim on and start buttoning up what he can on the car since I have the young-ins. I will still work on it with him here and there but hes going to handle most of it. Once it gets to a point where we can drive it, likely after the carpets come in and we get the interior installed, I am going to move it to my house and do the final detail before we do the bumpers and stuff. Its getting really close though, and my retired father is plugging away on it every day. I will have more updates soon, but here is a quick walk around video of the paint to hold you over. It will still get a quick compound pass with a really light compound, a polish to jewel it up, and a sealant/coating.

Appreciate 9
CSBM52715.00
flybigjet6694.50
David701567.00
chassis6479.00
stein_325i25062.00
wdb4695.50
Fakemike368.50
DrFerry6725.50