United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudling View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
January was when the application was initially submitted to SEMA/CARB. Once its submitted we are at the mercy of CARB with the typical application taking a year or more before an EO is given. We have been working with SEMA Garage to prep this application and others for "fast-tracking" the CARB side. Testing is done however and final paperwork is now with CARB. How long it takes them to get to it in their stack, rubberstamp it, and generate an EO number is anyone's guess. Emissions testing is a painful waiting game I'm afraid.

People wonder why I don't give ETA's. THIS is exactly why.
Actually, SEMA's own publication says that the process is much faster than this. It lists the following steps:
  1. Dinan submits an EO application, including a test lab of Dinan's choice
  2. CARB sends a test letter specifying a test car and authorizing you and your lab to begin testing
  3. You and your lab test. CARB is uninvolved in the testing. You test until you get "satisfactory" results.
  4. You submit results to CARB. SEMA's guide says that (unless they challenge the results), it should then take "about 30 days" for CARB to issue the EO.
So, again - you're certainly not obligated to tell us anything, but if you'd like us to continue to wait, I think it would be helpful to understand what's really going on.

If CARB is really the source of the delay, then it sounds like:
  • You've submitted the EO app (in Jan), but CARB has taken 6+ months to respond with a test letter; or
  • You've completed your testing, and CARB has challenged your results, electing to do their own testing, which can take an unspecified amount of time.

So, is one of these the case? I guess the other possibilities are:
  • You're still doing testing, and not getting compliant results; or
  • SEMA's understanding of the process is incorrect; or
  • ...???

Thanks..
Just paypal me your money(so your safe and have record in case your concerned, as I would be), I'll buy the unit, send you tracking and when I get it I will ship to you and send tracking. Maybe I'm wrong but seems like in Cali you just can't buy it? If that's the case I'll help you get it. Just pay the shipping from me to your place in Cali. Or you concerned about the warranty aspect being in Cali and their laws or dinans rules?
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 0