10-05-2019, 08:19 AM   #1
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Aston Martin's newest DBS GT Zagato

Aston Martin's newest DBS GT Zagato lets you complete the set
Aston Martin and Zagato are together again at the inaugural Audrain's Newport Concours in Rhode Island

by DAVID BOOTH | 17 HOURS AGO

https://driving.ca/aston-martin/dbs/...plete-the-set/

Aston Martin says this is the “modern twin” of the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation. I say it’s got 760 freaking horsepower. I’ll leave it up to you to determine which of those statements is the more important descriptor of the new DBS GT Zagato.

Said monstrous power comes from twice-turbocharging Aston’s 5.2-litre V12. Bespoke pieces — like the machined “3D” wheels — and carbon fibre litter this latest DBS. Inside, there’s Caithness Spicy Red leather — don’t ask me what Caithness is; I don’t know — plus Zagato seat quilting in the shape of a Z, and satin twill exposed carbon fibre.

But the most interesting thing about this announcement is that both the DBS GT Zagato and the DB4 GT continuation be built alongside one another, despite the obvious difference in years. Both are part of Aston’s DBZ Centenary Collection and the Continuation is part of that run of 19 original DB4s being recreated — that should be read handbuilt — at Aston Martin Works. It’s worth noting that modernity has intruded ever so slightly into the Continuation models; all the original 60-year-old patterns have been digitized, and thanks to modern metallurgy, the original inline-six has been punched out to 4.7 litres and a very modern 390 horsepower.

All of the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation cars will be delivered by the end of 2019.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50