Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i; 2017 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC M550 VADER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
That's strange. It's not BMW that provides the warranty, but Carbahn - and only for the initial warranty period of 4 years or 48 months.

So let's say you are within your initial warranty and something brakes down. If BMW states that the tune was the reason why it broke down, they go to Carbahn and ask them to cover the repair charges.

Now, if you are out of the initial warranty, Carbahn does not even warranty anything. Even if you have a CPO BMW, they won't cover anything beyond the original warranty of 4/48.

It would be strange that BMW would be willing to cover a tune that the manufacturer of the tune (Carbahn) does not even cover beyond the original warranty. The only time I could see that happening is if they were to lie to the 3rd party warranty company that a tune was not installed.
I think you are misconstruing what I said. Basically, if I suffer a failure because of the tune, coverage will NOT be excluded under the Hendrick Autoguard. They are reselling the product and they stand behind it. You are right that had I been under the original factory warranty, the Carbahn warranty acts as additional coverage to the extent that BMW would not cover repairs.

Cheers!
I concur with AmooManiak. The Dinan and Carbahn warranty only is in effect during the factory 4 yr warranty. When the car hits CPO neither company's warranty is in effect. Your dealer claims do not add up. You didn't even buy the Carbahn warranty but the dealer or you third party company says no problem with the tune, I got you?

I think you misunderstood something along the way or the "guy" at your dealer is shoveling shit your way. If your car is of need of a repair and it's because of the tune, I honestly don't see where your coverage is coming from. No friggin way is an aftermarket warranty paying up.

What exactly do you have in writing?

I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of the tune causing damage. I just think this all sounds misleading.
I mean with an aftermarket Third party warranty, he isn't required to go to a BMW dealership all of the time..Only factory/CPO would require you to go to BMW.

it is possible that a shop that isn't a BMW dealer may not even catch the tune...

This could be true especially if you go to a BMW "enthusiast" shop in your area, they're getting paid either way so i doubt they care if the tunes on or not if they did notice it..
Appreciate 0