LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyGerman View Post
Why? BMW warranty sucks. Find a good third party.
What about it sucks? Price? Coverage? Claim payment? Duration?

It would be helpful to clarify so the OP has data points to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hristo104 View Post
The question is if it's worth buying the extended warranty or not. This will be my daily driver and I am looking for a 2017 - 2018 car.
You'll need to clarify what extended warranty you're considering. The intended length of ownership, annual mileage driven, price, term and mileage limits, exclusions, and warranty company to get any responses that are remotely helpful.

Warranties are about 50/50 on if they are used at all for buyers across the entire market and there isn't a lot of data to show of the half that manage to use it if their repairs exceed their warranty premiums.

The G30 is just starting to have cars dropping off warranty so there isn't a lot of data on the forum for how often people are hitting out of warranty failures on the G30.

In my case, I purchased the BMW extended warranty on my 530e for 7Y/100K miles as I tend to be a high mileage driver in normal times and I intend to own the car at least 7 years. With all of the advanced electronics in the car I anticipate most repairs to be expensive if they occur. The current market realities sealed the deal for me. But if you're a low mileage driver or now planning a longer ownership period it isn't as clear cut.
Appreciate 0