View Single Post
      02-28-2021, 09:47 AM   #3
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

I never knew the wage of a nurse until last year. I was shocked. For the type of care, dedication and stress that these nurses deal with daily, I'd expect much higher compensation. I'm lucky that all the nurses that my family have ever encountered loved their job and genuinely seemed like the kindest and caring people I've ever met.

People don't realize how hard these folks work. It takes a special person to be a nurse. Prayers for all them.

Quick story: when my daughter was born we had the most lovely nurses caring for us. When my daughter turned one my wife went back to the hospital with gifts for the nurses and I approached it with the " oh babe, they aren't going to remember you. They have too many patients and we aren't anything special to them. Do you know how many babies they deliver everyday?!" I couldn't have been more wrong. Two of the four nurses were still in the same department. The lady at the reception desk called for them and just said "you have visitors." They both came to the front, all smiles! My wife handed them a gift as a thank you and said "do you remember us?" One of the nurses said "yes! You're "name" and before she finished my wife's name, the other nurse chimed in with "and is this baby Lillian?!!!" They had remembered! That moment made me appreciate nurses so much more than I ever have.

Btw. We're not from some small town where everyone knows everyone. Seattle!
m3fuz199.00
MKSixer34190.50
Buug95917725.50