10-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #17
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Irony---

I am a Porsche fanboy all day everyday and have had 5 Turbos plus a GT3, GTS, and a few choice others. I love the performance that the 992 Turbo S brings to the table- there is no discussion there. The problem for me is that the car is not available yet and I want a "right now" car. Almost all allocations are done for early on and no deals will be made on a 230k msrp car up front.

Enter the gen 2 R8 facelift. I had a 2017 R8 non Plus and got an amazing offer on the car so I sold it a short while ago. But I missed that V10 song soooooooo much. There is no just replacing the sound and experience of the normally aspirtated 600 plus hp car in the 2020 Audi R8 Performance. Is the Turbo S faster, heck ya but it just isnt the same car and its not readily available. So I grabbed this car for about 45k less than a nicely optioned 992 Turbo S. Every day its a dream to rip it to 8750 rpms and listen to the engine just roar like no other. Its a dying breed with no more R8 in Audi's library and no 600 plus normally aspirated cars that have this intensity.

If exhaust engagement with great performance (not Turbo S level) but still a 10.7 car on the street at 131 makes you happy this is the car. To me its a more special car (to me I must repeat LOL).

I WILL get a 992 Turbo S- its a must but for now this car rocks:

Suzuka Gray with all the carbon trims available- msrp 216k.

Still amazing cars ......poked my head in today after a long while
Appreciate 0