tcpsoft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Love SB Sumatra. If you have a Trader Joe's, their Sumatra is really good. Most of their coffee is actually pretty good (although I don't love their Kenya). They have Honduras, Gutemala, and... Some other damn one whose name I don't remember. They don't seem to "over roast" as much as SB. If you don't have a Trader Joe's nearby, then... sorry.

Edit: You did say ground coffee. These are whole bean, but I think you can grind them there. Spend $150 and get a nice burr grinder and spend a bit more on a good French press. I recommend Espro, it's thermal. Life changing.
Good point for clarification. I was thinking "ground" as brewed coffee vs espresso machine based. I have a cheaper burr grinder I use sometimes, but I used to get whole bean Sumatra and let SB grind it. There's a Trader Joe's not too far from me so I'll check those out. Interestingly, they (TJ's) wanted to build a new store here in GSO but the locals near the proposed site protested.

What's a "good French press"? I'm on my third or fourth Bodum as I tend to crack the glass every few years.

Thanks

2015 M3 DCT (sold)
2008 Lotus Exige S240 - too many mods to list (sold)
2007 Lotus Exige S (RIP)
2006 MINI Cooper S (sold)
Appreciate 0