VIN240i13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbrewer View Post
Worst dealership ever.
I agree from the standpoint of the resonator delete policy from the BMW owner’s perspective but I guess the service manager is just doing their job.

I have not seen any “official” BMW document concerning this policy, I wonder of one does exist, I may ask during my next service trip.

I will say compared to the dealership where I purchased the car, the overall service I have received has been second to none, so I can’t totally agree on “worst dealership ever”.

Proper example of a candidate for worst dealership ever:

Purchasing Dealership: 65 miles away (Worst)

Took BMW for software upgrade, made appointment as requested, told 2 hours max. After almost 4 and still no information on ETA, I complained to the service manager and he said their software guy called in sick and no one bothered to let me know? The guy basically blew me off and said make another appointment, nice. On top of crappy service, the waiting room was small, no free Internet, bathrooms filthy, vending machine out of order and this is a new dealership that is less than 2 years old!

Local BMW Dealership 23 miles away (Better regardless of resonator hack policy)

Made appointment, dealership called and texted back within 24 hours to confirm. When I got there they had a rental at my disposal if I wanted, was told 2 hours max. Waiting room was huge, free Internet, bathroom clean, free snacks (the good stuff if you’re not on a diet…), water and soda. I was the first person there in the AM and the service manager took the time to greet me and sit down with me to ask if I liked the car and why I did not purchase at their dealership. (No vert in stock). They have a huge Dinan display which prompted the conversation that brought up the resonator delete topic. The car came back to me on time, hand washed, dried and vacuumed with paper mats an plastic on seat which was removed before the key fob was returned.
BMW CCA #535395
SCCA #619713
Appreciate 0