04-18-2016, 08:15 PM   #32
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post
Not too shabby. A little critique:

The hood contours and lines are in a "wake" like the F10 coming from the corner of the grills

The grills slats need revising

The lower door and side will have much deeper contouring and the accent strip should be sharp body crease connecting to the bottom of the air breather.

The second shoulder line extending to the rear is much stronger and gives the rear wheel more presence.
Noted and thanks everybody for the positive comments! I have to admit I did not do much work on the bonnet (hood), I will do some more mods soon. I intentionally made the wheels/tyres bigger as the test mule's look a bit tiny wheen, for the size of the car and wheelarches (see pic).

Style-wise, in my opinion, the 5 looks a little derivative and very similar to the 7 series apart from some detailing. I actually used 7-series panels to morph into this G30, just to give you and idea... I think the kidney grill surrounds and headlight look too oversized (like the 7 series) and lack elegance. With LED technology car companies can do a better job in giving their models a more expressive and aggressive face, especially when the general shape of cars produced nowadays look very similar from one brand to another...

Cheers!
Attached Images