ppod6
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 F10 - 15 F30 - 17 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supacat View Post
Hi all,

Just wanted to thank OP for the awesome informative write-up and share my coding in case it might help someone in the future as my coding was a little different.
FYI - I did this on Bimmercode Expert Mode as I did not have esys.

This was on a US G30

All changes are in the BDC_Body2 Module, in the 5FA9 Cafd file
NSL_Verbaut: Changed this to "Verbaut"

LCE_BEL_LIN_VAR: Change to match your existing switch, plus "NSL". For example, mine was "39_BEL_PL_FLC_NSW_NIVI", so I changed it to "40_BEL_PL_FLC_NSW_NSL_NIVI". This keeps the incorrect light switch variant error from showing up in ISTA.
Mine was set to "28 BEL_PL_FLC_NSW" so I set it to "34_BEL_PL_FLC_NSW_NSL"

LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_OUTPUT_CHANNEL_DATA: Change this to "G30_ECE_Code"
No G30_ECE_Code was found but car was set to G32_US_Code so switched it to "G32_ECE_Code"

LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_OUTPUT_CHANNEL_INDEX: Changed this to "G30_ECE_Code"

LIC_NIVEAU_OVERRIDE_DATA_0: Change this to "UNK_PARAM_1"
No "UNK_PARAM_1" was found and car was set to "G30_US_code2" so set it to "G32_ECE_code2"

LIC_NIVEAU_OVERRIDE_INDEX: Change this to "UNK_PARAM_3"
No "UNK_PARAM_3" found and car was set to "G30_US_code2". No "G30_ESE_Code2" found so set to "G32_ECE_code2".

LIC_VERSION_DATA: Changed this to "UNK_PARAM_5"

Happy to say I hit the Fog Light jackpot (Both lights are there along with wiring). I had the LEDs but no way without taking out trunk liner to tell if the wiring was on 1 or 2 of the lights or not there at all. I figured it would be easier to code first and see if it works and it did. I now have rear fog lights and no error codes!

Thank god it worked!!! I kept on hitting roadblocks and boom someone figured out exactly how to code for a US G30 bc I too didn’t have all of the LIC coding as previous mentioned but luckily my 2018 G30 had the diodes and wiring so all I did was buy a Euro switch and coded with BimmerCode and wha-la we’ve got rear fogs!! Many thanks to all of the pioneers helping everyone else out with coding their cars with ease, I salute you!
Appreciate 0