Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduron10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
The spacers increase the track width on an axel but also give the car a better look in my opinion. I have always use Eibach spacers. Currently running 15mm front and rear on the car with 20" OEM wheels. No issues.
I never had spacers on any car, I've asked because I've read in different places that some people with spacers had handling issues or vibrations.

In your setup, did the spacers come with their own lug nuts? and the wheel then mounted on the spacer ?
I've always used Eibach spacers and never had any issues. Have used various sizes (10mm, 12mm and 15mm) on an F30, F06 and now on the G30.

I had to buy longer wheel bolts. Standrad OEM ones are 27mm. I currently have 40mm ones on and also a 40mm TPI locking wheel bolt set.

I contacted Eibach customer services who advised me that a 40mm bolt will be fine to use with 10,12 or 15mm spacers. They said if I used a 20mm spacer then they recommend to use 45mm bolts.

Correct - spacer goes onto the hub and then the wheel bolts straight onto the spacer.

There is opinion out there regarding spacers, some like them and some are dead set against them. If I were to do very high speed runs on an airfield or drive on the autobahn, I would remove them. For day to day driving and motorway speeds I think they are fine.
Attached Images

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0