Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
There are two 550s at the golf club I belong to, but neither is a G30. There is one for sale locally, but other than that I don't know that I've seen any.
I'd like to see a study of the concentration of BMWs at country clubs. I know at mine, the eye ball test doesn't apply. BMW owners play golf!
Ha! Yeah, there a few. With the prevalence and popularity of SUVs down here, there aren't as many sedans. Maybe 3-4 5 series. No 7's that I can think of.

The vehicle to have for everyone from hunters to soccer moms down here was a Chevy Tahoe for years. Now it seems the Lexus LX and GX have taken over a lot of that market share.

I did see a woman in a pink Boxster this week. She used to have a teal one. I don't know where she finds them.
Maybe she had it wrapped?

SUVs are the rage here as well. I have two. A big QX60 that my GF drives and a VW Tiguan (small) that I bought predominantly for my daughter.

It's a real thing. It stops at body roll for me. I hate the QX60, but man those Japanese cars just don't break.
The RX we just traded for the GX was a phenomenal car. Not my style (not fun) but was fantastic. Hope the GX is the same. They don't break and their service here is hands down the best in town. But I swear this GX feels heavier than my '16 Tahoe (it isn't), slower (it is), and somehow it burns more gas… premium gas!

I had fun driving big cars but I'm so happy with this 540. I feel no remorse or urge to go back. It's a killer car. No doubt I'd enjoy the thrill of the V8 550 but ego aside, the B58 has all I want and more than I need. It's fun I can use daily, unlike 4WD. And I very much enjoy my new world of not eating a tank of fuel every week.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0