Greywall
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M550i

Garage List
2023 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles1313 View Post
So I pressed my dealer about this (and called the 4 other BMW dealerships in the area). My dealership said they do have an allocation, but that BMW factories don't pick up the order / allocation right away. They assured me I'm next in line to be picked up but that they don't have any idea when it will be picked up by a factory.

All the dealerships I called within 2-3 hours of me said they could put me on a waitlist, so no reason to jump ship from this dealership. The wait is truly killing me though.
That sounds like a long winded way to avoid saying they have a waitlist. If the allocation exists, they just edit the allocation with your order and put your name on it. This gives them the production number. For me once the dealer had the allocation confirmed, he just configured it with my options and got the production number right away. I was on the phone when we were verifying the config he was putting into the system.

It was early Sept when another dealer I was talking to said I could have the allocation once BMW released them right around first week of the month. But then he said they didn't give them an M550i allocation so I'd have to wait another month. He also said if I put a deposit down, it would help get BMW assign them an allocation for this car. Dunno, that last part sounded like trying to just get me to leave them a deposit.

I'm sure it's tougher with the limited dealer options out there, we have quite a few of them here we can hit up and shop around. Best of luck!
Appreciate 0