View Single Post
      03-18-2020, 01:59 AM   #63
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

In general I try to avoid the topic. Simply because cars are expensive in Denmark and BMWs (and other luxury brands) are extremely expensive. So most consider a car to be a necessary transport item and that’s it. Average size of cars in Denmark is about a Ford Fiesta/VW Polo to Ford Focus/VW Golf sized cars. Also many think that cars have to have the lowest possible carbon footprint so the average sized engine is about 100-120hp. We have decided to have our cars as our hobby but that is a very visual hobby when you arrive in a shiny Sunset Orange BMW so the first comments are normally “Wow - that must be expensive!”, “Why do you drive such a big car?” or “Why don’t you care about your carbon footprint?”. So people in general often judge us purely by the car and blame us being rich a..holes and the single cause to the climate Armageddon. But for us it is a matter of priorities and in fact our carbon footprint is below avarage for the Danish population.

So when people approach me with the question I try to say “BMW” as unenthusiastic as possible hoping for no further questions. Only if they reveal themselves as car interested I open up for further information.

Just to give you an impression of the prices in Denmark I just sold a fully loaded F30 335i, 8 years old and almost 200.000km for more than 35k € / 40k USD.