Thread: G30 issues?
View Single Post
      07-06-2021, 05:56 PM   #191
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

Have the wheels spun up in a balancer and videoed with a camera on tripod as they take the safety cover off. BMW did this for me.

Had same issue and all 4 alloys were faulty not from damage but from build, the hub wasn't central to the outer rim and they all hopped.

Now BMW didn't change mine free of charge as I had them refurbished prior and they blamed that but if your were not refurbished you can demand a new set and I believe they will provide them.

There are known sets of 759i 20 inch alloys according to my contact in BMW that were forged faulty.

Look at my post history to see videos of the issue.

QUOTE=THEX5BEAST;26165608]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krill View Post
My 520d xDrive has been to the dealer 5 times now for vibrations on the highway at 110-130km/h.. They have done several road force balances, tests etc with numerous experts involved... They can't find the cause so next step is a buy back. I'm sick of this car, it's like all of the issues I had with my F10s all over again 💩🤪🤬
I had a similar problem with my 2017 X5 and my 2018 540D M sport. The X5 issue was only solved by swapping all 4 wheels and tires. Turns out after an alignment that the LR was way out. I'm guessing it hit a pothole during pre delivery that knocked it out of alignment and bent a rim in the process. The 540D was corrected by replacing those OE Goodyear ROF tires with PS4's. Both are now smooth as glass just like a BMW should be. Got the Dynamic Handling Package on both. Best two BMW's out of 11 so far. Hope you get your's fixed. I ended up with the regional manager going on a ride with me and they still missed it. I insisted on the swap and you know the rest.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0