Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranniux View Post
glad I found this post..

I have ordered the HK in my G30 saloon tentatively due for delivery in June and am hoping that a few queries can be assisted with on here.

I have read the full post on the 2 series forum but what I would like to know if anyone has any other experience other than swapping out the front components in a g30.

Has anyone tried the centre channel disconnect, or come to that replacing it with the Eton equivalent speaker (which seems to be coaxial only).

Likewise the 2 series forum mentions a few users adding the JL audio coaxials to the rear shelf however I cant be sure the JL's will fit the G30 and also notice that Eton do have a component for this purpose also.

So... I guess in my mind the ideal solution would be to add the Eton components in both sets of doors (B100W's) and in the shelf (B100N I think) and then either disconnect the centre or add the Eton coaxial. Has anyone done this?

I would be amendable to just doing the bits that make the most financial sense, which may just be the front components and disconnecting the centre however I worry about unbalancing the system seeing that the G30 has an extra set of components vs the 2 series which has been discussed at length.

The other issue is that the Eton B100W doesn't seem to be available on amazon any more and the price is much higher elsewhere, any other links anyone? the B100N for the rear shelf seem to still be available for around £150 ish, the only difference seems to be the depth of the mid (going off photos only)

Thanks in advance
I have the HK in my G30. I disconnected the centre speaker and installed the Eton B100W in the front doors. The results were very impressive especially in terms of taming the harsh tweeters of the HK. I paid about €180 on Amazon.
Appreciate 0