Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscsix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
This was the infotainment setup in a MY2020 Lexus at the Philly Auto Show last weekend. That's quite a lot worse than iDrive and I hope it supports CarPlay. At least BMW isn't this bad.

Attachment 2238859
Just to be clear, that is a GX460. My wife drives one and LOVES the vehicle. It is an ancient platform but Lexus can't kill it because so many people buy them because they are indestructible in many ways. I see them everywhere. Look up the J.D. Powers quality rating and it gets nearly perfect scores in all systems they rate on a vehicle.

My wife had a GS350 with the newer "mouse" controller. If the GX460 had the mouse I would not have bought it.

I've had my 540 for going on three years and I still don't always know whether to go into "vehicle settings" or "Idrive settings" to change things. Some cars are better than others, but none of them is perfect. My favorites were my two A7 Audi's.
Ha. I've used the Lexus mouse based system and couldn't wait for the torture to end.

And I find the Audi MMI to be really nice in some ways and unbelievably frustrating in others. Just trying to find, change priority, delete a Bluetooth connected device can drive you to drink. And the new dual LCD system is not good IMO. Lower LCD is too low and you have to take your eyes off the road to locate buttons.