View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 02:01 PM   #31
naylon
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 / G30 530ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc16000 View Post
Just for what is is worth, I fitted the ventura module in my 530e i over 10 months and 13000 miles ago. I'ts been at setting 5 for almost all of the time, and I drive it with 95 octane fuel. Judging by the car sport display I'm led to believe I get 300 hp and 460 Nm at this setting. For one tank's worth of 98 octane fuel only i ran it at map 7. To short to make a judgement if this was worth the extra fuel cost. However, at the more modest setting, I've never had any issues, like errors or engine check lights. Performance wise, the biggest change I've noticed is decent acceleration. Without the tune box, the acceleration is throttled. It makes you hesitate to pull out on a main road from a junction as it feels you cannot make pace quickly enough to nip into busy traffic. With the box, the engine feels to me to be restored back to it's natural performance.
That's a big win for me.

PS, my car went back to a BMW main dealer for minor body work, I'm sure they had to pop the hood for this, and although I forgot to take the tune box out and it's still under manufacturer's warranty, they never said a word.

1 st post and it smells full of advertising a product.

The very 1st post is about a tuner's product....
Appreciate 0