View Single Post
      04-02-2024, 07:20 PM   #91
FerasMF
Jordan
Rep
Drives: 530i 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
I think the G30 brake system may have 2 hydraulic pressure channels…a lower pressure one for Comfort (I.e. you’re not driving aggressively so you don’t require maximum boost) and a higher pressure channel for Sport where you probably are driving more aggressively and do need more brake boost. I always sensed the tug of war between braking and transmission happened more in Sport than Comfort (due to programmed coasting) but a technically knowledgeable CA told me it was more about the brake boost.
I also noticed this (feeling of different and sometimes unpredictable braking behaviour depending on ongoing speed and on pressure I apply on brakes). However, I got used to it with time and now I can predict it better. I find it helpful not to lift my foot off the throttle all of a sudden and also be more decisive on braking. It still can be annoying if going downhills at low speed.

I totally agree with other guys comments on the G60. Looking at the 5 series models over the years I feel G60 looks aberrant in the lineup. I feel it lacks the soul of the series, like a plant that has grown from a different root. Additionally, I think having no control physical buttons and the higher seating position are major drawback points.
Appreciate 2
jcal65407.50
NGT25719.50