Thread: G30 Coding List
View Single Post
      01-19-2019, 09:31 AM   #57
Symo
Where is the Earth Shattering Ka Boom?
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 540i Mediterranean Blue

I note when reading these posts that a lot of things you guys want to code on or off using BimmerCode or some other 3rd party device are, in the Australian builds are standard adjustments in iDrive. Fold mirrors on locking, enable / disable horn on locking / Unlocking, auto close roof in case or rain, use standard keyfob to raise / lower windows etc.

The only things I want to code out in my G30 are so called safety items such as " I'm not a idiot and will look at the road instead of the nice nav screen when driving" and the very naughty "Video in Motion". Almost all of the options discussed in this thread are in iDrive already.

Seems strange that BMW in the US or EU would want to dictate the default ( and unchangeable ) settings for such petty options as to how the wing mirrors behave on lock. The ability to change these "petty" things should be just in there. Then most people wouldn't bother going off to coders and while they are at it, disabling seat belt warning or other items that (IMHO) should never be touched.

The only reason I can think of to prohibit permitting the owner to change these petty options is, some muppet someplace got a toe or something caught in the wing mirror and sued BMW NA so they now locked it out.
Appreciate 0