02-04-2020, 09:52 AM   #12
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by b74heavy View Post
I'm no expert but; I had the same issue once but I didn't try to adjust using the switch on the steering column. I shut down the car and started it up and it worked fine. I opened the door on the car and was moving stuff in so the door was open for 5 minutes or more. I think somehow if you don't get in and start it up right away it turns off the auto steering wheel positioning. It also turns off the garage door switch on the mirror. Also if you get this try turning off your car and locking it for at least 5 minutes so the computer completely shuts down then try again by getting in and starting it up immediately. See if that helps with the steering wheel auto positioning. As far as shutting the car down once you turn off engine, press down on the volume button and hold it for a few seconds and that will turn off all the displays. But there is a timer built in that turns off all electrical components after 5 minutes. Then the car is completely shutdown. How do I know about the 5 minutes. I was thinking of getting a Dash Cam and I wanted to see how long the usb ports stayed active. So I put my cell phone in a USB port and turned off the car. I watched the charging indicatior on the cell phone and it quit charging after 5 minutes or so. Why did I do this? Because I am retired and have no hobbies.
Appreciate 0