View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 10:30 PM   #54
b74heavy
Alpine White|19" Wheels|
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
This is my eighth BMW since 2004 and none of them have made this noise. It is not a faint noise or the sound of something priming; rather it is a loud, startling grinding noise that lasts for about a second. You can hear it both inside and outside the car. I believe even if you were standing around 25 feet away you can still hear this noise when the car makes it. I believe it to be some sort of faulty part from when the car was built. We ordered this car to spec and my plan was to get an extended warranty and keep it past the original 4 yr warranty. However, if the cause of this noise and resolution cannot be found by BMW, then we likely won't keep it past the four years.
Before you take it to the dealer try to record the noise on your cell if you have one that records sound. I had rattling noise on my M3. It only happened when the engine was cold. Also didn't happened all the time. I recorded the sound and played it for the Mechanic and he said I know just what that is. It was a bad water pump. Got it fixed under warranty. Anyway that is my two cents.
Appreciate 0