SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
GVC chapter knows their shit and run an awesome event. Unless teeh devices can be completely defeated, I 100% agree with them.

I went into a chassis malfunction on a right hand high speed and high-G sweeper and my car went into immediate limp mode with a car right on my tail. I have no idea how I didn't get tagged. These systems are not safe at HPDEs.
My M4 went into limp mode at Buttonwillow back in October. But it wasn't from the Driver Assistance Plus Package that I have which includes Lane Departure Warning and Front Collision Alert, it was because I went on track with 3/8 of a tank of gas with a range of 43 miles and got fuel starvation coming off the last corner onto the straight (CCW). I noticed the fuel level as we were in line to enter the track, mentioned it to my instructor, and he said "You'll probably be fine". This was on the third session of the day, just after lunch, and it was the first time I had the car on track in an event with two 20 minute sessions in the morning and afternoon. Not yet having learned the fuel consumption during a track day with this car, I should have refueled at lunch time, something I did the next day and all weekend track sessions after that.

I've had 11 track days with my car in less than 11 months, including Nurburgring Nordschleife, Circuit Park Zandvoort, Spa Francorchamps, two separate weekends at Buttonwillow and two separate weekends at Laguna Seca. This package and those options never caused my car to "behave in unpredictable and undesirable ways on a racetrack."

Appreciate 0