View Single Post
      11-13-2019, 12:41 AM   #46
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

I've had mine for about 3yrs now and I find excuses to use it. Yes I have drive-up ramps for quickie oil changes, three floor jacks and about 4 pairs of stands...but this thing is ultimately faster overall. My garage floor is flat, but my driveway isn't...it has a slight angle for water run-off. This still hasn't stopped me from using it outside though.

I initially looked at the MaxJax after using my buddies to install suspension on my X5M, but between my only 9' ceiling height, costing $1900+ and having to do concrete work (I'll save that money for a two post in a different home) I opted for ultimate portability for $1300 after discounts.

To answer questions about why this over traditional jack stands...height and safety. My 740iL has been parked longterm for quite a while and just last week I had to take it off jack stands to move it. Since I can't go from full jackstand height to back on the ground all at once, that meant lowering each corner individually (while worrying about the others as they move/tip ever so slightly) onto its lowest settings, then going back to the beginning and doing it all over again to finally put the car back on the ground. Unfortunately I don't have enough garage depth to jack cars from the front AND back, so it's a side to side dance to get to the height I want.

QuickJack is up 2'+ in 30 seconds. Came in super handy doing downpipes on my X5M when I could raise and lower the car as needed for access vs standing on buckets and/or laying over the plastic fenders. Same for doing an engine swap in the GF's 528iT. Soon I'll be doing an engine swap in the GF's 535xiT. Even with me being 6'4", I'm positive it'd be far more inconvenient doing it on jack stands with how many times it'll be nice to raise and lower the car during the process and/or rolling around on a creeper humping the transmission back on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3574.50