View Single Post
      08-19-2019, 12:48 AM   #2
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qba335i View Post
I am having hard time picking up a new car. I am all over the place...
All solid cars but you put it best yourself...you're all over the place which tells me you're not entirely sure what you're looking to get out of the car. My short advice: figure out exactly what you need and if you're still not sure then take the time and just test drive the whole roster and see what really resonates but still fits the "must haves".

G Wagons are great but IMO not very "spirited". They're great but still an SUV...you won't be getting sideways in corners and lighting up the road the way you would in an M3, 911, etc.

If you want a driver's car and going to do some spirited weekend driving, skip the wagon. If you want more of a high-end daily driver that will provide equal parts fun, comfort, and get some looks then go G Wagon.

Ask yourself this: Do you need an SUV (the space, AWD, convenience etc.) Or are you looking for something far less practical but more fun for the weekends? Given your situation it sounds like the former.

For what it's worth I'd never consider taking my M4 into the snow (especially if you don't want to swap tires). Let me through a suggestion at you: Try a 991.1 Carrera 4 GTS. AWD could help in the snow (again, you may be challenged if you really refuse to swap tires) and it's one of the last NA cars you can get.