has_ak
Private
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams_123 View Post
Evening all,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I've just put down a deposit on a 2017 G30 540i xDrive in the UK and should be picking it up next week. Super excited!

I can see a lot of people are also a little disappointed with the stock exhaust sound, and so I am in the market for a new back box exhaust.

I do a lot of motorway miles so want to avoid any drone, but would love it to be a bit more of a nuisance in Sport mode. Note, my car is a pre-OPF model.

I love the look of the AC Schnitzer black tips, and they have suggested the OPF variant for a more subtle sound. The reviews of ACS on here aren't exactly filling me with confidence, so I wondered if anyone could recommend an alternative readily available in the UK please?

I can see Remus and Dinan are popular, but they probably sound a bit too loud for what I'm looking for.

Keen to hear any other ideas, or a more balanced view on the ACS exhaust.

Cheers guys!

J
I've just had the ACS exhaust fitted, OPF version. I've done both motorway and city driving. I don't know why it took me this long to get it to be honest. Im a huge fan of it. Haven't had issues with drone or anything. The look and sound transforms the car completely. My advice is done hesitate and go for it. And definitely go for the black tips. It is quite loud on start up though but quietens down few seconds later.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0