View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
drwoodberry
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
The biggest advantage for an ECU flash if done right is the power delivery. Its much smoother on an ECU flash vs a piggyback
It looks like you are a vendor for both flash and piggy back tunes, however I am curious how far the flash tuners for the M550i go that are generally sold via the vendors? I am more familiar with Weistec, Eurocharged and Renntech coming from my AMG days and I never got around to tuning my old E60 M5,but I spent a lot of time tuning my Chevy LS powered cars. I have seen tuners (at the owners request) squeeze everything they could from their engine at a risk of longevity. I am just curious if the power these tuners put in their standard flash tunes is not so called pushing the envelope on these engines. And yes, I am aware that if you can't afford to pay, don't play but most tuners can tune a car that can make great power a handful of times before a tear down is needed. Are you aware of any tuning mistakes from these canned tunes or excessive maintenance after decent time on the tunes?

On a side note, do you know if there are any differences between the base JB4 and Berger Stage 1 tunes for the car? Is the additional cost only in the added features of the JB4 or are the tunes different as well? I emailed them directly but have not heard back yet.

Yes, first time post on this forum as I just became an owner of the M550i, but I have always been an avid reader of this forum.

Last edited by drwoodberry; 07-20-2020 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: added remarks
Appreciate 0