03-17-2021, 07:06 AM   #143
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
I highly doubt there will be many M3 owners jumping ship for a Lexus. A lot of us started off with the Lexus platform. The main reason why a lot of us jumped ship is that we want a car that is more sport-oriented car, which Lexus lacked.

If I am in the market for a daily driver that is fast and I want the best bang for the buck. The IS500 would not be on the top of the list. A Charger Scatpack for 40k would be significantly cheaper than Lexus and a lot quicker.
Coming from a manual F80 M3, I am all over the IS500. But my M3 was used exclusively as a street car, and so would the Lexus if I bought one. I am also not a Lexus fan in general, although my wife won't drive anything but an RX. Her car I guess

If the IS500's performance is accessible enough on the street, meaning no constant traction control intervention like my M3, then this car is a home run for me. It's the most interesting and standout car in its segment, whether someone is interested in what it offers or not.

Although I definitely agree with R N M, the fact that you can't really get a committed special order is garbage. But I guess when you're Toyota, you run the show.